How to know if you are worshipping the Bible
Ask yourself these questions:
- Do I believe the doctrine that says Jesus is the living word and the Bible is the Written word?
- Do I ignore and avoid discussing all the obvious contradictions of the Bible?
- Do I believe quoting Bible verses is doing God’s will?
- Do I get offended when someone questions my Bible and it’s teachings?
- Do I feel that it strengthens my faith when Archeological findings confirm Bible places and events?
- Do I believe that memorizing Bible verses is the same as “hiding God’s word in my heart”?
The Bible is a record of what the ‘word of God’ really is. It is a living force. “For the word of God is quick (alive) and powerful, sharper than any two-edged sword. piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.” (Hebrews 4:12) “Being born again, not of corruptible seed but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth forever.” (I Peter 1:23)
The Bible speaks of something called the word of God that came to certain people throughout history, therefore, the Bible cannot BE the word of God.
The actual ‘word of God’ is the sum of all the divine wisdom and power that exists and emanates from the spirit realm. It is the causative agent in creation and it should be our ultimate goal to reconnect to this power and ‘enter into the rest’ that is promised to those who believe. (Hebrews 4:1-16)